The first public release of Prison Architect.
Prison Architect is inspired by Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, and Dwarf Fortress and tasks you with building and managing a prison.
Secret Treasure Hunt
In November 2011, Introversion did a secret treasure hunt after the Humble Bundle launched, embedding images from Prison Architect in the Subversion tech demos and sending others out to a few select journalists. There was five polaroids that when pieced together, produced a string of characters that led to a hidden Prison Architect website.
There are a multitude of bugs, including, but not limited to:
- [Bug] Long Todo list interferences with building menu tooltips
- [Bug] Different prisoners on reload
- [Bug] Hiring while paused can exceed daily cost limit
- [Bug] Capacitors
- [Bug] Foundations placed at map edge cannot be built
- [Bug] MAC Version: Opens in small box in screen
- [Bug] Game stuck in bottom right hand corner of the screen on Mac
- [Bug] Game crashes after deleting a Holding Cell
- [Bug] Prisoners use holding cell to nap during free time
- [Bug] OS X Lion fullscreen/resolution broken
- [Bug] Sleeping doors
- [Bug] Prisoners go nude to walk through shower room.
- [Bug] Can't build because an area is Too Dangerous
- [Bug] Crashes after some runtime.
- OSX 10.6 problems not fixed.
Chris stated that he used an older SDK build for this version, which should fix the problems.
- As of user reports the OSX 10.6 problem seems to be fixed.