The first major feature of this new build is the Deployment screen. This shows you a security schematic of your
prison and allows you to assign guards to each of your sectors, and to set patrols for them to walk along. This makes locking down your prison a lot easier! We've also fixed a bunch of bugs and introduced an option when creating a new prison which lets you restrict the incoming rate of prisoners so they don't overwhelm you. Rather than receiving a random number every day you will only receive prisoners when you have space.
- New screen in the toolbar, unlocked in the usual way by the Security Chief
- You can assign Guards to the sectors of your jail
- You can draw Patrol routes within the sectors, and your guards will follow them.
- Intake options: When creating a new map there is an option called Continuous Intake
- "Enabled" behaves like Alpha1, i.e. a semi-random number of prisoners arrive every day
- "Disabled" means prisoners only arrive when you have capacity to fit them in
- Max 24 prisoners per day either way
- Newly created sandboxes have a Time Warp Factor, which govers the speed of the game clock. Large maps now "slow down" the game clock by 50% to give entities longer to get around. Medium maps slow down the game clock to 75%. Small maps run at 100%.
- The game now saves thumbnail PNGs when you save a level. These are displayed in the Loading / Saving screen when available
- Large Pipes can now be built under existing walls
- Mealtimes [Secret]
- Fixed: Game now runs on MacOSX 10.6 or greater (issue with libcurl)
- Experimental Fix: Game should now run properly on Retina Mac screens. It will default to fullscreen at the lower (non retina) resolution. You can force Retina resolution (2x higher) in preferences.txt with screenW and screenH
- Fixed: Some needs should not be displayed to the user (E.g. need for Weapon)
- Fixed: Prisoners will no longer sit on chairs or use any equipment in any Office
- Fixed: An issue where goods and Prisoners in a supply truck could be left behind on the road
- Fixed: Prisoners would sometimes become stationary zombies after being escorted from the deliveries zone (AiTargetSet flag not cleared)
- Fixed: Room type was often forgotten after a Save & Load. Room type would show up after load as "None".
Note: Save games with this bug will still be broken on Load. The game will assign these rooms type "Cell" as a guess.
- Fixed: An issue that caused Save Games to load very very slowly (appearing to crash) if you had created a single very large roomGame Versions
AlphaAlpha 1 • Alpha 2 • Alpha 3 • Alpha 4 • Alpha 5 • Alpha 6 • Alpha 7 • Alpha 8 • Alpha 9 • Alpha 10 • Alpha 11 • Alpha 12 • Alpha 13 • Alpha 14 • Alpha 15 • Alpha 16 • Alpha 17 • Alpha 18 • Alpha 19 • Alpha 20 • Alpha 21 • Alpha 22 / Bugbash 1 • Alpha 23 • Alpha 24 • Alpha 25 • Alpha 26 / Bugbash 2 • Alpha 27 • Alpha 28 • Alpha 29 • Alpha 30 • Alpha 31 • Alpha 32 • Alpha 33 • Alpha 34 • Alpha 35 • Alpha 36 Updates