In order to hire a number of Armed Guards, you must have that many Guard Lockers in your Armoury. For example, in order to hire 10 Armed Guards, you must have 10 Guard Lockers in your Armoury. The game will not allow you to place more Armed Guards than the number of Guard Lockers in your Armoury.
Note: While prisoners obtaining guns from the armoury isn't an instant loss, it can very quickly spiral into an uncontrolled riot. If the riot is not subdued quickly (if failure conditions are enabled), the national guards are called in and your prison is taken from you and put under their control (this is one of the few loss conditions in the game).
The Armoury is a source for:
- Baton (Weapons)
- Gun / Revolver (Weapons, Metal, Ranged weapon)
- Shotgun (Weapons, Metal, Ranged Weapon)
- Tazer (Weapons, Ranged Weapon)
- Rifle (Weapons, Metal, Ranged Weapons)
Note: your prisoners SHOULD NEVER be able to go into an Armoury, not even for cleaning! It is recommended to use Solitary and Remote Doors.
During warden mode, the following items will show up and can be equipped:
- Stab Vest (shows up white on the floor but when equipped becomes dark blue)