The Foundation Education Program is a reform program that is aimed at providing inmates with a basic foundation in reading, writing and maths skills. Inmates are required to complete this program before being eligible for the General Education Qualification.
This reform program has the following requirements:
- Education unlocked via Bureaucracy
- A classroom with at least 1 school desk and 1 office desk
- Three consecutive hours of Work in the Regime
This reform program is led by an external teacher that will be present during the periods when the session are held.
There is a cost per session as follows:
- $300.00 per session ($3,000.00 in total)
- 10 sessions at 3 hours each
- Maximum of 20 students per session
This reform program has a difficulty level of easy and is voluntary for prisoners to attend
To make the most of the reform program paid for it is recommended to lay the classroom out with the following objects.
- 20 school desks
- 1 office desk
It is also recommended to maintain the needs of your inmates during the periods when the sessions are held as they are more likely to attend and then go on to pass.