They can be used as a stop-gap measure to accomodate prisoners until proper cells are built, but should only be used as a temporary solution. When you keep the prisoners in a holding cell for too long, they will soon start to riot, and when you keep a lot of them cramped in a small space, it can easily escalate to a full-blown prison revolt.
Tips, Tricks and HintsEdit
- A holding cell is ideal for a new prison, as it can hold many, many prisoners and is also cheaper than building mulitiple cells.
- Make sure there are some guards stationed in your holding cell, as fights in holding cells will be frequent, and occuring, time and time again.
- Holding cells are a good choice for continuous intake prisons, as they are easy to build and they don't cost as much as normal cells.
- Putting beds in the holding cell will fulfill the sleep need.
- Holding cells only diminish a prisoner's privacy need, which will never hit critical so you can have 20+ prisoners in a holding cell with a low danger level so long as thier other needs are met.