Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
They can be used as a stop-gap measure to accommodate prisoners until proper cells are built, but should only be used as a temporary solution. When you keep the prisoners in a holding cell for too long, they will soon start to riot, and when you keep a lot of them cramped in a small space, it can easily escalate to a full-blown prison revolt.
- Must be Indoors
- Minimum Size 5x5
- Must be enclosed (behind doors and walls)
- Do not mark the space under the door as part of the room or it will not be "enclosed"
Tips, Tricks and HintsEdit
- A holding cell is ideal for a low cost running new prison, as it can hold many, many prisoners and is also cheaper than building mulitiple cells. Just make sure to add beds to accommodate your population or mark it as a Dormitory.
- Make sure there are some guards stationed in your holding cell, as fights in holding cells will be frequent, and occurring, time and time again.
- Holding cells are a good choice for continuous intake prisons, as they are easy to build and they don't cost as much as normal cells.
- Holding cells only diminish a prisoner's privacy need, which will never hit critical so you can have 20+ prisoners in a holding cell with a low danger level so long as their other needs are met.