They can be used as a stop-gap measure to accommodate prisoners until proper cells are built, but should only be used as a temporary solution. When you keep the prisoners in a holding cell for too long, they will soon start to riot, and when you keep a lot of them cramped in a small space, it can easily escalate to a full-blown prison revolt.
- Must be Indoors
- Minimum Size 5x5
- Must be enclosed (behind doors and walls)
- Do not mark the space under the door as part of the room or it will not be "enclosed"
Tips, Tricks and HintsEdit
- A holding cell is ideal for a low cost running new prison, as it can hold many, many prisoners and is also cheaper than building mulitiple cells. Just make sure to add beds to accommodate your population
- Make sure there are some guards stationed in your holding cell, as fights in holding cells will be frequent, and occurring, time and time again.
- Holding cells are a good choice for continuous intake prisons, as they are easy to build and they don't cost as much as normal cells.
- Holding cells only diminish a prisoner's privacy need, which will never hit critical so you can have 20+ prisoners in a holding cell with a low danger level so long as their other needs are met.