SuperMax prisoners give the same as Maximum Security Prisoners, and Protective Custody give the same as Medium Security.
It is possible to change a prisoner's security category. This can be done by clicking on a prisoner and changing the appropriate setting in the menu that comes up.
The arrival of new prisoners can only be stopped if Continuous Intake is disabled. If it is, to stop the arrival of new prisoners, you must close your prison to all three prisoner categories. To turn on/off the prisoner intake, go to the reports menu, select the intake tab, and drag all three sliders down to "closed".
When a new wave of prisoners arrived, guards are required to move them to the Holding Cells/Cells
Low Risk Edit
Low Risk Prisoners generally have only very short sentences and will not be with you very long. Many of them leave your prison in a matter of days. Low Risk prisoners tend to leave before finishing any programs and are therefore generally not worth educating. Low Risk prisoners tend to tunnel less often and are more easily kept content than Normal or High Risk prisoners. They will still attempt to flee when a clear path is available, no matter how long their remaining sentence is, and they are also highly active in contraband activities. Low Risk prisoners will make use of contraband thrown over the walls.
Normal Risk Edit
Normal Risk prisoners have low to medium sentences and will therefore be with you for a reasonable amount of time. Normal Risk prisoners tend to tunnel less often than High Risk prisoners, but will become disgruntled faster than Low Risk prisoners. Normal Risk prisoners are more likely to be involved in a riot, are highly active with contraband, and will flee whenever the opportunity rises. Normal Risk prisoners will make use of contraband thrown over the walls.
High Risk Edit
High Risk prisoners tend to have unreasonably long sentences that last far beyond the lifespan of a normal human being. They will however not die in your prison unless they are murdered, so they will be with you almost forever. High Risk prisoners become disgruntled extremely fast, start riots very fast, and are extremely prone to tunneling. They will obtain any and all contraband they can, and flee as soon as they can. High Risk prisoners will make use of contraband thrown over the walls.
Special prisoner is any colored dress prisoners. But when they go to their cell, they automatically change to color of their risk.
Player-assigned security levels Edit
Protective custody Edit
Assigned to prisoners to protect them from other prisoners. Protective Custody inmates do not normally come into your prison, so you must change them to that security level.
Assigned to prisoners too dangerous even for Maximum Security. Supermax inmates do not normally come into your prison, so you must change them to that security level. This is for the worst of the worst, such as multiple murders, mass contraband dealing, and just large rule breakers.
As of Alpha 25, Reputations have been added in the game. Reputations and their descriptions are:
- STRONG Hits harder with each punch during fights.
- TOUGH Can withstand a lot more punishment in a fight. He can also sometimes withstand being hit by a Taser.
- VOLATILE Liable to kick off without warning and for no reason.
- STOICAL Will not become suppressed when locked in Solitary.
- SNITCH A known informant, and as such his life may be in danger. Don't leave him alone with other prisoners for too long.
- DEADLY A master in lethal combat moves, and can sometimes kill with a single hit.
- EX LAW Was once a Police Officer, or some other law enforcement profession. His life may be in danger.
- COP KILLER Guilty of murdering a Police Officer. Your prison guards may be unable to restrain themselves when subduing him.
- FEARLESS Not intimidated by the sight of Armed Guards, and is less likely to surrender during a fight
- QUICK An unusually fast runner.
- INSTIGATOR Sows seeds of discontent in all those nearby. When he causes trouble, nearby prisoners will feel compelled to do the same.
- FIGHTER This prisoner is very good at defensive combat moves. He can disarm his opponent, or even steal their weapon in a fight.
Reputations are visible in the "Character" tab of their rapsheet. Upon arrival to a prison, 50% of prisoners will not have a reputation visible, and must be found using a informant. Some prisoner will have a higher grade of reputation, e.g. "Extremely Strong" and "Extremely Volatile".
A very dangerous (and rather rare) prisoner would have some of the several reputations listed above, and is known as a "Legendary Prisoner".