Security rooms are offices where your guards will reside when not conducting duties.
The main purpose of the security room is to provide a secure area where Confidential Informants can relay covert information gathered around the facility to your prison's security team. All of your confidential informants will be escorted by a guard to this room. Whilst a CI is inside, they will provide you with information regarding: contraband and hidden prisoner reputations. This information can be viewed via the Intelligence overlay.
It is wise to designate the security room as a staff-only area. This is because several forms of contraband including: jail keys can be stolen and used to escape from the facility.
Tips & TricksEdit
- If the room is dedicated to CCTV Monitors, they must be placed so that a guard can stand in the front middle square for the CCTV Monitor to function. Sides of the monitors may overlap. But each monitor requires 1 guard and 1 space directly in front of it.
- It is wise to position security rooms in close proximity to staff rooms, so that guards can quickly resume security office duties after resting.
- Confidential Informants are not shackled whilst in your security office, so they may use their stay there as an opportunity to steal contraband. Ensure you search them after they leave.
- During riot situations, prisoners may attempt to breach security rooms to gain access to the door controls. It is advised to safeguard such technology with a solitary/remote door, and have guards in and around your security offices.
Available Contraband Edit
The security room is a source for the following forms of contraband:
- Baton (Weapons)
- Cigs (Narcotics, Luxuries, Smelly)
- Jail Keys (Metal)
- Lighter (Luxuries)