In alpha 14 and up, the total value of your prison can be sold to fund a new prison on a new map. Your prison can only be sold once but you can continue playing on the map. Additionally, you may sell shares in your prison, at a rate of 10% of your prison's value, excluding cash. You may buy back these shares at the same rate of 10% of your prison's value, including cash.
By reselling your prison after the first time, you can continue to expand your prison further, i.e. you can start a very low funded prison and eventually work your way up to a very big and well funded prison
In order to sell your prison you have to meet these requirements:
- An accountant at your prison with their own office.
- $50,000 minimum positive prison value.
- 20 or more prisoners.
- No recent deaths or escapes.
The following are components in prison value. All are bonuses add to your valuation (except stock and materials).
- Bricks and Mortar (which improves with the condition/cleanliness of your prison).
- Fixtures and Fittings: Objects such as beds, office desks, toilets, etc.
- Stock and materials: Consists of food, sheet metal, laundry, bleach and other supplies in storage.
- Prisoner Capacity ($500 per prisoner): The number of cells you have, excluding holding cells or solitary confinement.
- Cash: How much cash you have on-hand.
Safety and SecurityEdit
Penalties may be awarded to any prisons which have experienced any:
- Deaths in the last 24 hours
- Escapes in the last 24 hours
Each penalty is worth $50,000 per prisoner.